Daily Post: Create
Almost every cell in the human body has the same DNA. Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms. For an animated video on the basics of DNA, genes, and heredity, click HERE. I’m not a biologist, nor a scientist, but I have a working knowledge of DNA. After all, I’ve watched enough episodes of CSI, and NCSI, I feel like an expert. No, let’s be “real,” I know nothing more than what I learned in college Biology 101, which as I recalled I had to take twice. Ugh.
That said, those who adhere to the Big Bang Theory poke fun at creation, or creationist’s philosophies, beliefs, and proofs associated with a growing movement known as “intelligent design.” Stephen Meyer emerged as a leader in this movement, and serves as the director of the Center for Science and Culture at the Discovery Institute. In an article published by Biola Magazine, Meyer commented on these questions in the interview:
- When it comes to evolution, what type of evolution do you agree with and what type do you deny?
- How old do you think the universe is?
- Do you affirm the Big Bang?
- One of the big unanswered questions you see in the theory of evolution concerns the origin of the information needed to build the first living thing. How do the Darwinists answer that question.
- What would be your main argument for the evidence of intelligent design in the cell?
- Your book talks a lot about information and you find parallels between a software program and our DNA. Do you think the ideas in your book about programming and programmers would even have been conceivable to readers trying to understand intelligent design a generation ago?
- What is “specified complexity,” an how does it play into your argument?
- 11 more questions followed… for the answers, and links to his books click HERE
I suspect for the large majority of my readers, you may have checked out by the third or forth question. It seems tedious and highly technical. I get it. Just for fun, read a couple of the answers, and you’ll discover why the discussion of Intelligent Design (ID) is so controversial, at least to the Darwin collective.
The authority in my life is not Stephen Meyer, although I did find the article interesting. The authority in my life is God. I’ve yielded myself to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Jesus proclaimed that the written WORD of Scripture is authoritative for all instruction. The Holy Spirit leads us into wisdom and understanding when we read the Bible. So does the Bible speak regarding Creation? Yes, yes it does.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Chapter 1 in Genesis is captioned, “The Creation” in my Bible. Chapter 2 is captioned, “The Creation of Man and Woman.” The New Testament tells the same story in a rather shortened version of only 2 verses, rather 2 chapters.
In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
So, regarding Creation, why did God create us?
Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even who I have made.
Every living creature or plant, each having their own unique DNA, were created by God, for God’s glory. Some obstinately refuse the Biblical account, would call the Creator – The intelligent Designer, rather than God. In so doing they rob God of His glory.
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
Why did God create us?
To experience His grace every single day, and to extend His glory to the ends of the world. The creator designed us this way, all the way down to our DNA.
I’m all in.
If you liked this blog post feel free to share it on your Facebook page. Send me a “friend” invite on my FB account or sign up by email to follow my blog!